The products from the paper industry are classified based on several criteria as: paper weight, intended use, used materials, ways of delivery, production process, amount of glue … The most used classification is the one based on paper weight.
The paper weight is expressed in grams of one square meter of paper. According to this criteria we have the following classification:
- Paper grades – are the products of the paper industry with weights 7 – 150 gr/m2
- 150 – 250 gr/m2 are the weights where Paper and Board grades can be found.
- Board grades are from 250 – 500 gr/m2
- 500 – 600 gr/m2 are Board and Corrugated boards
- From 600 gr/m2 are classified the Corrugated board grades.